Thursday, February 3, 2011

Old Man Winter Came By

This is our front porch. One thing I've learned about New England is NO ONE uses their front porch. Winter's just the time you can actually see that. We all have back or side doors that get used for everything instead. As for the snow, we're supposed to get more this weekend.
That wall of snow you see is actually the fence to our back yard. We have no where to put the lovely snow other than in giant piles along side our shared driveway. Because the pile on the fence actually dumps into the other side of the fence, it made for a nice ramp for Pele to jump over what you see above.

This is her running across the street as I just watch her take off. I spent a good chunk of this afternoon digging a trench between the fence and the rest of the yard. Now there's just a giant snow mountain that she sits on in the middle of the yard.
My mom's asked for pictures for a while now, so I finally took a few of the girls with our older camera and found some other pictures still on it. This will be a long picture post. Up above is Cora clapping and Syd just gazing lovingly at her mother.
They kept tackling each other on the bed and squealing and giggling.
Cora doing yoga.
Syd showing off her baby blues.
This is what they looked like in August or September (I'm not sure when I took this). They'd just figured out how to stand with support.
Now here they are walking everywhere. Cora really likes turning and running from you when you call her. Good thing I don't have two other kids to chase as well. Wait....
I think this was in September. My little snow bunnies. Whoever designed those was a genius.
This was in September when I took the girls apple picking in Vermont. That's the petting zoo behind Kate. She loved picking the apples and eating them.
Cora had konked out and since I had Sydney on my chest I figured the apples could double with Cora.
Katie loves sticks. She has to carry a stick with her whenever she can. Don't think you can switch sticks on her either - she knows!
I had to put this picture in because it was so funny. This is the top of our stairs. Down the hallway (the direction of their feet) is the bathroom. We'd just finished bathing everybody and they had been so upset. Just crying and wailing the whole time. Jeremy and I took Kate to her room to say good night, planning on getting them and taking them downstairs just after. They followed us out into the hallway crying, but both fell asleep on their faces on Pele's bed. So cute. This was sometime in September.
And last but not least, our current state. Sydney (in the middle) cannot eat without combing the food through her hair. Meal times are just flat out messy. But I'm glad we have food we can eat and also glad that our dog doesn't mind helping with clean-up.

2 comments:

The Bills Clan said...

Wow Jami, they are getting so much bigger. The twins don't look like babies so much anymore. They are all adorable. Hope you don't get burried by too much more snow. Give those girls hugs for me:)

Melanie said...

That picture on the dog bed is HILARIOUS! I swear it is the funniest/cutest picture I have ever seen. You need to send that to someone and make some good money off of it. :)