Sunday, March 25, 2012

Boom Bum

Now for the fun, clumsy stories about me. A friend called me Valentines Day to ask to do a running swap (we taking turns watching the kids to get a run in). She ran, came back and let me borrow her nifty watch. It tells you your time, your pace, and your distance. I had a great run, then when I finished and started walking I looked at the watch to see how I did. I also simultaneously stepped on ice, completely lost my footing and crashed down on the ice. I think I was laying there three minutes writhing in pain, it hurt so bad. When I finally got up, I was dying, but nothing was broken, or even sprained. However, I later found the biggest bruise of my life, consisting of my entire right bum cheek. It took about three weeks to lose the beautiful coloring, and I still have a small bump. I was very grateful nothing worse happened.

Fast forward a few weeks later; it was after Jeremy and I put the kids in bed, I was going down the stairs to do something, and on the third to the last stair my socks slipped on the stair, meaning I fell too, scraped my left elbow, and bruised my left cheek. Who knew I had such talent at falling and bruising all of my body? Just for the record, I have no shame with sharing embarrassing anything.

No comments: