Saturday, August 4, 2012

And That's Why We Lock Their Door....

As always, there's so much more I wish I were posting, but we'll settle for this right now.  Last night, we set up a tent in the living room to let the girls have a "camp out."  It was too much fun for the twins and they had to go to bed in their room, but Katie seemed all right, so we let her sleep in the tent.

However, this morning at 6:20 am I heard her just outside their bedroom door.  I came out to see what she was doing and she started telling me how she was looking for me and couldn't find me.  Then she went on to tell me how she'd already been in the back yard, then out the gate to the front yard and around the house looking for me.  She said she'd checked our bed first and didn't see us (that's interesting since we were there asleep), which if you add all that up she'd been awake for quite a while.  She got herself out of our locked doors and gave herself a tour of the world.

So no more camp outs.  We may need to keep a lock on their door for years.  I'm just glad we live in such a mellow neighborhood!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I also grateful they have guardian angels. Our 5 year old lets himself and his 2 year old brother out of the gate all of the time to "go across the street and pick dandelions" or "get the newspaper" or "check the mail". Most of the time I just find them standing in the middle of the road.

Locks are good....definitely good.

Kristin said...

I'm glad she was okay! I'm guessing every parent will go through that- but it doesn't make it any less scary. Glad to hear from you!!