Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

Although some were predicting up to 12 inches (thank goodness it was much less), it did snow our first day of April. Katie told me how much she loves the snow. So do I, but I love it more in December and January than in April.

Katie is figuring out how to smile for the camera instead of scowl. Look at that beautiful grin. Here's miss Cora. I've started to put the twins' hair in pigtails on occasion, though they're more like little sparklers coming off their heads for how much they just stick up.
Sydney was a little more sad about the picture business.



And this is mana from heaven. The picture's not too swell, but a woman who goes to the same little kid play group we do decided she wanted to give me some of her daughter's old clothes. They are very nice clothes that were washed and carefully folded and brought me to tears. I'm constantly amazed at how much our Father in Heaven watches over us with the sweetest acts of mercy. Clothes shopping is one of my arch-nemesis. 1-I don't want to spend the money. 2-I have no idea how to look for clothes with the three little girls in tow. 3-I have no idea how to look for clothes FOR the three little girls (let alone myself). Picking out clothes, matching clothes, colors, any of that is WAY out of my comfort zone. I tend to gravitate towards things that look like mountains or fields - great for wall hangings, but not so much to wear. So when people hand us clothes that look so good on our daughters I want to cry out of gratitude.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

The Lord often answers our prayers by the sweet acts of others. What a blessing!

Your chica's are beautiful. Kate's little smile is priceless. She looks so much like you. What precious girls.