Sunday, April 21, 2013

Several Months in Random Pictures

Someday I will have awesome pictures in chronological order, but since this is mostly for the family records, here's a quick rundown of the last 5 months.  

Two weeks ago I decided I'd drive down to Virginia with the girls to visit my sister and her kids since who knows when we'll head back east again.  
This is Melissa enjoying the high eighty degree weather with two of her three at a small farm.  

 Katie's head is a little hidden, but this is the group checking out some baby pigs.  We had a great trip, although we almost got killed by a ladder on the freeway north of Philadelphia.  Either way, we made it home and I have a better idea of how to handle kids in the car for 10 hours.  (Like stopping every two so everyone has a potty break.)
 Since Katie taught herself how to ride a two-wheel back last fall and crashed head first a couple of times we thought it would be smart to get her a helmet.  She calls it her crash helmet and LOVES to wear it.  Between the glasses and the helmet, I'm counting us VERY lucky that she keeps them on herself and we don't have to staple them to her.  
 These pictures are in reverse order, but this is after I stuck them in front of the computer to watch Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer so I could cut their hair.  I don't have a great picture of how long their hair was before, but I was proud of how well their hair turned out.  That was probably in January?  
 My all out efforts for a fabulous birthday cake for the twins (we're back at the beginning of January now).  It was a peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake and chocolate cupcakes.  
 This is to remember our house flood.  I had bathed the girls, put them to bed, Jeremy was on call that night so I stayed up to read.  I thought I heard water running after a while, then went downstairs to see water pouring through one of our floors to the basement.  It had been 20 below for a week and we had a warm day.  What had happened was our pipes froze, then burst open in the guest room and there was a lake under the bed we kept in there.  After calling my dad I moved everything and started ripping the carpet out.  Jeremy got home in time to help pull the rest of it out.  We felt pretty blessed I didn't go to sleep without checking out the dripping sound, or we may have ruined a lot more than our carpet.  Nothing like home repairs to make you feel like you're full of money (or not at all).  
 Sydney loves to help me do the dishes.  
 The girls love the moving Brave and are convinced they're going to ride black horses and shoot a bow and arrow when we get to Montana.  This outfit was a Christmas present for Katie.  The little archery kit sent with it was THE coveted toy for the time.
 Syd's the one in jeans.  Can you see how long their hair was?  
 We held a family ball in honor of the grandparents coming.  These girls were so excited to be so fancy.  
 And all three riding the horse called Angus, Abigail, or Daisy (depending on the day).  I think this was in November.  
No more pictures for now.  Hopefully I'll put more up before we leave.  

1 comment:

Camille English said...

My girls LOVE Merida too! Your girls are so pretty!