Sunday, September 15, 2013

Glacier National Park

Just a couple weeks after we moved here my parents came up to visit and we took a fun trip to Glacier National Park.  We didn't do much more than play in the water with the kids, but that crystal water took my breath away up against these wild, enormous mountains.  

 Love my mom and dad.  
 My niece, Kaylee, came up with them and was a lot of fun to have around.  
 There's Syd in Two Medicine Lake.  
 All the girls playing in the lake.  

 This is how clear that amazing water is.  
 This is across from Running Eagle Falls.  
 Syd playing on the rocks.  
Running Eagle Falls, coming out of a rock.  I love that this is actually named after a woman warrior from one of the Native American tribes.  

We stayed in a tiny cabin in East Glacier, then just spent a day seeing what we could.  I love that so much of the land is still wild and free, and I think the only reason the East side of Glacier isn't a major resort area is because it's a reservation.  There are enough Jackson Hole resort type places at the outskirts of national parks, so even though it means there aren't fancy places to stay, I sort of like it that way.  

No comments: