Sunday, September 29, 2013

The End of Summer

Our summer was coming to a close.  I started making bread again, but it was just not turning out well.  Each loaf was getting stuck in the pan and crumbling at the top.  It only took another three tries before I got it figured out.  

 I decided we were spending our last day before school in the wilderness, so off the the Lewis and Clark forest we went, South East of town.  We found a short hike with a beautiful waterfall and the girls had a great time.  


 Here's Katie in her backpack in front of her school.  She has done so well.  All day Kindergarten has been a great thing for her and for us.  She gets a lot of her energy out and learns a lot, as she's told us several times - it's so much better than preschool.  I didn't learn anything in preschool, but I'm learning in Kindergarten!  
 I couldn't resist some good prairie pictures. These girls never want to get out of their dresses, they just LOVE being FANCY.  
 Big sky country, yes.  Wide open spaces, yes.  And if you're wondering what's in her hand, it's a headband and some doll blanket that she turns into her "sunbonnet," like what they wear in Little House on the Prairie.  

 Check out that sunbonnet!  Poor Syd was not have the best day, though, so she didn't get as many pictures.  
 Cora in her pretty dress.  
 Cora and Katie playing lion.  



I like being a prairie mama.  

3 comments:

Melissa said...

wow....it really is big sky country!! These are beautiful Jami! You look so good! How are you liking that Chi? :)

Camille English said...

Love the prairie pictures. Makes me want Chris to get a job in Montana so I can be a prairie mama like you! :)
Looks like Seattle area is most likely where we will start off but nothing is for sure yet...

Melanie said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love love LOVE the pics of your girlies too. They are even more beautiful than their surroundings.