Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blessing the Girls

Here are our two girls in their blessing dresses. We blessed them in church today.
We were lucky enough to have both of Jeremy's parents here for the blessing (his mom coming was a surprise!). We tried to get some pictures after church, but anyone who's had kids knows how cooperative children are with pictures to begin with, let alone after church. So this is Katie semi-glaring at us.
Here is the lovely Sydney in her dress that Jeremy's mom made for us. We special requested that she made one for us. It turned out beautifully and matches the one we already had.
Cora is sporting a vintage look. This is the dress that I, both of my sisters, and Katie were all blessed in. This summer we'll be taking the dress to DC for my sister, Melissa, to bless her coming baby girl in.
Family picture sometime during the week.
Here's both of the dresses side by side. Sydney's is on the left and Cora's on the right. The blessings were very special and I'm really overwhelmed and humbled and a little excited that Heavenly Father trusts the two of us to raise such beautiful daughters.
My very handsome husband with all his girls.
Surprise! I cut my hair. I haven't had it this short since I left to serve as a missionary in Argentina. It sure feels nice to do something different with it.

3 comments:

Michele said...

They look beautiful! I love that they are both screaming in the last picture and you are just happy as can be. :) You both are doing an amazing job!

Kristin said...

I love it! I wish I could've been there, I bet it was so sweet.

Sherpa Boy said...

WOW...look at your family! I know it's been a few years but somehow it feels like you had an "instant" family since I've seen you last. You guys look great! It was nice hearing from you the other day...even though my evil email count hacker tried to hack your computer...sorry about that again. Cheers! Steve