Sunday, July 4, 2010

Six Months Tomorrow

Six months tomorrow. My jaw wants to drop. Sometimes when we're out people stop me to say, "oh, you have twins," and somewhere in my brain I'm thinking - I do? Oh, yeah, these guys. It has surprised me that in many ways I am still recovering, but I guess part of that has to do with not sleeping for so long after the squirts were born. They have been a marvel to watch, even more so having two to compare. One does one thing, then the other, then they switch. They notice Katie a lot now and just smile at her and love her. They get so excited when any of us come close to them - a big gummy grin and they kick their little legs and squeal. We all love to kiss them and love them. They still puke, but not as bad as Katie. We love having them in our family and enjoy getting to know them more and more everyday.
Daddy with Sydney
Sydney loving her new play area.
Here we have Sydney and Cora. I just wanted to pull up a picture of Katie about the same age, doing about the same thing and ask if anyone can really see much of a difference between the three of them.
This was Katie in March of 2009. She doesn't have the dimple in her chin like the girls do, but other than that I think they all look the same. Good thing their names all sound a little different. I can't wait till I'm running down the whole list in a few years after they've decided to do something devious together. I hope I can tell them apart then.
We're working on getting them to sleep through the night so all three girls can be in the same room upstairs (Sydney and Cora's current residence has been the upstairs hallway or the downstairs guest room). They've gotten a lot better about sleeping through their nap time, except that right now I'm sitting outside of their room listening to them talk and play with each other. And bed time's been pretty good as well. I will have a hard time putting them in separate cribs, though. I don't know if I will until they can start hoisting each other out because they sure are cute together. Oh, well. Everything I said I wasn't going to do I've done and things I was planning on doing I never even started, so we'll see where this goes.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh - are you sure you didn't just have triplets born at different times??? I can't BELIEVE how much Katie's baby pic looks like them!