Sunday, July 4, 2010

June Showers

I couldn't wait for spring and summer this year because I can get out and play in the dirt! And everything seems to bloom here. These are the red tiger lilies my brother relocated when I made him dig up the garden during his visit last summer. They survived the transplant and I think they are gorgeous!
The first fruits of our labor from our garden. I can't believe how quick the squash and zucchini are growing.

These are the regular tiger lilies that are everywhere here. I tell you what, the crazy rain makes everything just grow and grow. Our veggie garden has exploded. We don't know if we'll get any cucumber, but it might be because everything else is taking over. It's so fun to go out and pick something and cook it up for dinner. I hope wherever we end up permanently has a growing climate as versatile and fertile as this one.

No comments: