Sunday, August 29, 2010

Houston, We Have a Problem

Anyone who has small children will probably agree with me: some days you live for nap time. Nothing like having an hour or two to yourself, even if you spend it doing laundry, making dinner, or cleaning. It's just nice to have that time. Friday afternoon I was enjoying nap time by working in the garden. When I came close to the door to let Pele in I could hear Katie running and laughing.

My first thought was - NO! You've got to be kidding me. Well she wasn't. Katie has mastered the art of getting out of her crib, opening her door, and coming down the stairs, stopping in every room to find something, and even checking on the girls for me (which translates to waking them up). Then Sydney learned how to stand up the next day. Our once child-proof and child-containable home has become something else. At least Sydney can't get out of her crib now that I lowered it down. But she and Cora may find a way to boost each other out. I guess we'll have to wait and see....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh no! Life is about to change for sure. Get a lock for Katie's door. No harm in that.

Lindsay said...

Uh oh, sounds like things are about to really interesting over there!!! I would highly suggest purchasing a crib tent. Expensive, but TOTALLY worth it! It'll save your sanity! (and naptime) ;)