Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Month Later...

Guess it's been a while since I've really done any updating, so here's the last month's photo review. Yes, the girls still sleep in the crib and it melts my heart when I catch moments like this.
Jeremy's sister, Lori, came out to see us for a week in August. At first I attempted to potty train Katie that week, and it only lasted a day. The temper-tantrum-twos convinced me it's OK to wait a little longer. So we spent the rest of Lori's time here out and about. This was a picture of our visit to a farm in the area that gives you free cheese and syrup samples. They also have animals for the kids to visit and Katie loved talking to the chickens.
I had to put this picture up to show we have record of her smiling as opposed to her currently preferred scowl.
It's sure nice to have so many people come visit us. I enjoy the long talks I get to have with everyone and it's nice to get out more with the girls. Lori and I had a blast, especially once we found a good ice cream place.
My dad would say to me sometimes growing up, "it's all who you know." Well that's true for us in this case. Jeremy's buddy helped us get seats to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. We took the girls and Lori had Kate, then Jeremy and Lori went to another game the next night. Our little troopers did great for the whole nine innings.
Us and the Green Monster.
Aunt Lori only spoiled Katie a little. Katie sure enjoyed having her to play with so much.
We were able to spend a little bit of time with John before I took the girls back home.
These stinkers are 8 months old now. Sydney still army scoots when she wants to go fast, but she was the first to stand up on her own and has taken a few steps holding onto things. Cora's great at crawling and has been standing up a little now as well.
Katie picked this car up at a used lot in town. I told her she could drive it if she covered the insurance. She took us for a ride to several friends' houses that day.
We did a quick hike one of the evenings when it had started to cool down (no longer 90 degrees). Kate was a little devastated we weren't going to let her swim in the lake at the end of the hike. You just can't please everyone, can you?
We have a semi-more reliable way to tell the girls apart now since the nail polish comes off so easily. Cora always sucks her thumb and Sydney always sucks her two fingers. I love it because there is no need for a pacifier (one more thing I don't have to worry about losing or forgetting).
The corner between our two couches has been sweetly named "Pooh Corner," where all the toys reside when they're put away. I was doing something in the kitchen when I noticed how quiet it was. All three had crawled in there and were quite entertained.
It's not make-up, it's blue berries. We've picked them three times now and they are delicious! I figured I better share with the girls. If only it wouldn't become random spots of purple puke throughout the house.
The previous picture was Cora, this is Sydney.
Here's our Labor Day weekend hike somewhere in the White Mountains.
Nothing like goldfish to rejuvenate you.
The girls just can't get enough of Daddy being home.
I cut Katie's hair a week ago. We were driving back from picking berries and she brushed all her hair out of her eyes and said, "Now see!" I figured I had to do something. Jeremy read to her and she held pretty still. I need to get a better picture of it. It's even, but the bangs are super short. It looks good if I pull her hair back. For my first haircut, I'm proud of myself. Hopefully my skills get a little better as we all get older.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy Cow...I can't believe they are 8 months old. Crazy. Katie is getting SO BIG TOO! It's sad, isn't it.

Two is kinda' terrible. Potty training can wait. It is SO MUCH EASIER when BOTH of you are ready.

Good Luck!

Sarah said...

Oh, potty training. Ginny turned 3 in April and we've been trying on and off for a year and a half. I'm tearing my hair out since Abby took a day to train. I'm sure you'd like three in diapers to come to an end. Good Luck!

You guys are brave taking the girls to a game- even so we are super jealous! (of the game attending, ha ha)