Monday, April 13, 2009

Keeping Busy

You're looking at the beginning of making Kate's meals. So since we're broke we're going for home-made baby food. It's actually a lot of fun as long as I stay on top of it. This is a butternut squash. I found recipe book that gives me all sorts of crazy ideas. I had no idea what a rutabaga actually is, but she likes it. I boil or bake this stuff, then stick it in the blender, then freeze it. My favorite so far is an apple, strawberry, peach mix. Fortunately, she's not picky and eats anything anyway.
Here's the two of us starting off our hike during nicer weather. It's hit or miss right now. Yesterday it rained. Today it was sunny and nice in the morning, then it snowed around 1, then was sunny again right before the sun went down. So we take what we get and enjoy the nice days.



1 comment:

The Griner said...

What book are you using. Jamis just started eating foods and I want to make his. We just started green beans yesterday and have two more months of one item foods, but I'd love to know good combos to try when he's able to eat mixed foods. Love your blog too. Makes me feel your not on the other side of the country.