Thursday, November 4, 2010

Discharge

Good news. Sydney barfed all over herself and her crib during her nap yesterday, which was just before the docs rounded. Why is this good you say? Because that meant we moved on to an endoscopy and they found some spots of infection. Which translates to WE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. She's done great with all the fluid we gave her and has been drinking formula without any problems. So Sydney and I are checking out today, Jeremy rearranged his flight and will be here in a few hours, and we still have over a week to be here with so much family support and a staff very aware of what's going on that we can contact if we start to go backwards. She'll be on an antibiotic and an acid blocker for a while, but she looks TONS better and I'm excited to have all of our family together again.

It has been humbling to walk these halls (sometimes at 5am) and see what so many families have to deal with. I wonder why I ever complain. We get to go home. I have three beautiful daughters, I'm married to a wonderful man, and have so much extended family always there for us. Life is far from perfect, but it all depends on where my focus is if I'm going to enjoy life or suffer through it. I guess you have to suffer through parts of it to understand the joy of it. But again, I feel very blessed. We'll see how I feel after making that long flight again with all the girls, but I still know we're blessed.

2 comments:

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Oh I'm so glad they found the problem. Hopefully she feels better soon.

Julie said...

Jami - you are completely amazing. So glad to hear she's on her way up.