Thursday, November 18, 2010

Next Round

Are those sheep, you say? In the middle of town, you ask? Yes, and yes. Since I have left Cedar a new tradition has begun. Going back to the sheep herding roots, the town has a livestock festival every fall. We were lucky enough to be there to catch the parade which ended with a grand finale of sheep running down main street. What you're seeing in the left of the picture was a minor stampede just before they got to us. I guess they wanted to see another part of town.
This is the back of Katie's and my mom's head. Katie was quite concerned that the sheep's "legs were hurt" and that they needed band-aids because she could see the blood that some of them had on them from running each other over. Has anyone else noticed that sheep are not that smart and we are constantly compared to sheep in the scriptures? But the more I watch myself and the world around me I think it's a good analogy.
Here's Cora and Sydney dressed for the big day and sitting on my dad's lap. I actually ran a 5K that morning. I didn't think I'd feel old with a bunch of college kids, but then I remembered I'm turning 30 this year. I'm not saying that's old. It was just weird to realize I'm not the same age as the college crowd anymore. Sydney hadn't thrown up in two days so we felt good about that. Then we end our day with....
Trick or treating! Yes, it's the same costume she had last year. And she'll probably still fit it for the next 4 years. But at least I bought her a hat this year! Not that it stayed on her head....
My brother is one of the semi-head honchos at the ski/board place near Cedar City. Katie and I spent Monday morning going up to see him. It's an awesome place because it's pretty personal and laid back. It was fun to see him at his job. Then Katie and I had to go find some snow to play in. Too bad I forgot her mittens.

1 comment:

Camille English said...

My kids will probably be wearing the same costumes next year, we will just swap who got to be the minkey and who got to be the frog. It's good to hear the Sydney is doing better! Hopefully she can stay well through this cold and flu season. Kendal miraculously has stayed well usually we have had her on breathing treatments and antibiotics by now.
I love reading your blog you say so eloquently what I would say about the same things but not as smooth. I really liked your 'Home' post.