Friday, November 2, 2012

Trip Out West

Although in the spring we were set on not making the trip this year, when my brother told us he was getting married in September we booked the tickets.  We spent two wonderful weeks visiting with family.  Actually, it was mostly me and the girls as Jeremy went about his job hunting from South Dakota to St. George, Utah to Washington.  That will be another post, but for now we'll just look at pictures.  

 At first, we weren't supposed to be there when Jeremy's parents were, but as our plans kept changing we were able to spend just about a week with them.  Those girls loved spending time with Grandma and Grandpa, Grandpa even gave them a ride on the four wheeler.  He later rescued us when I took the stroller to feed the ducks about a mile away and had both tires of the stroller flattened by some weird weed.  
 The girls adored having big girl cousins to play with.  I wish I would have got pictures of everyone, but here they are with two of their cousins running down the hill during one of their other cousin's baseball game.  
 Katie even got a pony ride out of the trip.  The twins weren't quite as adventurous as she was, she would have stayed on till the cows came home if she could.

 We then made the journey to Southern Utah and Katie LOVED showing her Grandma how fancy she could be.  
 Syd wanted a turn.  
 So did Cora.  

 I had forgotten about these flowers that are all over on the drive from Salt Lake to Cedar.  I really wanted to get a good picture of them in the flowers.  Too bad the flowers were in better focus that the girls and that Katie hit Sydney shortly after this picture was taken, preventing any retakes.  
 My mom's friend brought over extra dress up clothes which Katie couldn't get enough of.  

 The weather was so nice I took the girls up the canyon with my brother for a hike.  They were so excited for pictures, can you tell?  Maybe it's just the photographer.  I don't really like taking the pictures, or trying to stage the right picture, I'd rather just enjoy the time, but then I want to have something to help me remember what we've been doing.  It's a never ending battle.  

 And the family was reunited (from Jeremy's travels) in Salt Lake for the wedding.  Here we are taking a lovely picture at the fountain that about 10 minutes after this picture split Sydney's eyebrow open.  Our kids are talented like that.  And it was really great that it happened about 5 minutes before Jeremy and I were supposed to go in the temple for my brother Jeremy's wedding.  Good thing it wasn't too deep and someone had some tape so we could just tape it shut.  
 Cora, Katie, and Sydney.  
 Here we are with my dad waiting for Jeremy and Kate (How confusing is this with the double names?) to come out of the temple.  Notice the tape on the side of Sydney's head?  

 My Dad and Mom, smiling so big now that all of their kids are out of the house!  They were great fun the whole time, and great supporting their daughter that at times may be semi-psychotic trying to be a happy mom, especially on a trip far from home.  At least no one needed a hospital visit this time!  
 There's my sister Melissa next to Jeremy and my sister Ann sitting in the lower right corner all trying to manage the nine little grand kids who have no desire to be quiet or still in the lovely reception hall.  
 Aren't they sweet?  I have a new sister!  I'm so proud of both of them.  
 And here's our princess Katie with her friend, Kate (new sister-in-law)'s brother Tate.  She just thought the world of him.  Notice the flowers in her hair and her tiara?  She still tells people about her Aunt Kate's wedding where she got to dress like a princess and wear a sparkly tiara, have a princess dress with a ribbon on it, and flowers in her hair.  I have no idea what to do with such a fancy daughter other than to just let her do it.  

No comments: