Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summertime

I realized just a few days ago that this is the first summer in a couple of years that I won't be pregnant and we're not moving. Kate was born in August 2008 and I got pregnant with the girls last May. Moving and being pregnant is a terrible combination for me. So is pregnant and summer. OK, just being pregnant is not good for me. What I'm trying to say is I'm so excited for summer! No more worrying about random collapses when we're out and about, no worrying about where's the closest place I can puke, no more worrying about getting 4 Liters of fluid in my body everyday (more if I went in the sun), no more shear terror of the heat and what it would do to me, I can actually lift things (like my kids), get my heart rate up, bend over and work in the garden, chase Katie when she runs, go swimming, be in the sun for longer than 20 minutes, and drink things like water and eat things like chicken (the simple things, people). I may have 3 babies to figure out how to take on hikes or go swimming with, but I can't be excited enough to feel so healthy in the summer instead of on my death bed.
Here are the chunky monkeys pulling faces.
We planted our garden this week! We've got tomatoes, peppers, squash, zucchini, cucumber, carrots, and raspberries. We had to plant our peas at a second spot to give them a place to climb. As long as we can keep Kate, Pele, and the wild creatures of the forest out we may actually get a good crop. I'm pretty happy about this. Thanks, Jen, for your help! (Our sis-in-law is out here for the week and we are loving having her here!)

The lovely pea plants.
Apparently they all had something much more interesting to look at than the camera.
Here's Katie being a big helper and rocking both of the girls in their swings.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

your girls are so cute! how are you guys? we miss you guys!

Mandy said...

your girls are so cute! how are you guys? we miss you guys!

Mandy said...

your girls are so cute! how are you guys? we miss you guys!

The Bakery said...

jami!!!! your family is so beautiful!!! it's cause they have a gorgeous momma! i love your blog! i need your address!!! i'm getting married. :) email me :) lizzydarling1@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

looks so wonderful ^^!